Importing Using The Import/Export Option
This article outlines the steps to perform a data import of cardholders and cards from a file such as, in this example, a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
Access It! Universal.NET Licensing
The following licensing option must be enabled within the Access It! Universal.NET dongle and is a system wide license.
Selecting the data source
- Within Access It! Universal.NET navigate to Cardholders
- Select Import Data from the toolbar
- Select the Microsoft Excel tab
- In the File name field, click Select and browse for the supported Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet to import from
- If applicable, in the Sheet name field, select the desired sheet
- If the first column of the Excel Spreadsheet contains column headers, check the box First row contains column headers
- Select Next
Minimum field mappings required for a card- First Name, Last Name, Card Number, Facility Code.
- Select Add
- Find the desired Destination field in the Access It! Universal.NET database the import data will be placed into
- Select the corresponding field in the Source section by clicking the right side of the box, which will display a drop down list.
- Select the corresponding field from the Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet that will be mapped to the desired destination field. If a static value is to be assigned to the Destination field, select Static Value and enter accordingly
- Select Next
- Select Finish
Please see the attached sample file for sample layout.