The Data Exchange Package is an optional feature of Access It! Universal.NET allowing for importing, and updating of the Cardholder database. Starting in Access It! Universal.NET version 5.5, the ability to export data was introduced. The Data Exchange Package can be ran manually, or set to run at automatic intervals. When exporting data to a text file, the following delimiters are supported:
When executed, the Data Exchange Package can export all records, or only records that match a predefined selection criteria. In addition, records matching the predefined selection criteria can be exported based on the records last modified date.
Access It! Universal.NET Licensing
The following licensing option must be enabled within the Access It! Universal.NET dongle and is a system wide license.
- Data Exchange Packages - Yes
Creating New Data Exchange Package
- Within Access It! Universal.NET navigate to Configuration | Data Exchange Packages
- Select New from the toolbar
- Assign a friendly name for this Data Exchange Package
- Select Export – Text File from the Package Type drop down list
- In the File name field, click Select and browse for the location the exported text document will be created
- Select the delimiter to be used in the exported text document
- If the first row of the exported text file should contain column headers, check the box Include column headers
- If the text file already exists prior to being exported and the existing file should be deleted prior to exporting, check the box delete existing file. If this option is unchecked and a file already exists the data will be appended.
Field Mappings Tab (required)
In the Field drop down list, select the field in the Access It! Universal.NET database to be exported
Advanced Mapping Options (optional)
Advance mapping allows for transforming the exported data when the Data Exchange Package is executed.
Image Options (Photo and Signature only)
The Image Options tab is only visible as an advanced option when exporting a cardholder photo or signature. All images are exported as JPG files and will store images in a sub folder of the exported file. If the images should be placed in a alternate location, use the Prepend/Append tab and insert in the destination location within the Prepend text.
- Image File Name Source
Images exported will be named with a sequential number preventing any duplicate file names
Images exported will be named after the selected cardholder field. In the case of duplicate file names, the image will be overwritten.
- Resize Mode
- No resize
The exported image will not be resized
- Retain Shape
The exported image will be resized based on the maximum height/width settings without skewing the image.
The exported image will be resized based on the maximum height/width settings
Input Transform (optional)
Input Transform allows for using a certain portion of the exported field. An example of when this option would be used is when the exported field is a person’s social security number, and only the last 4 digits are required to be exported.
- Select Use part of value(Substring)
- Select which character you wish the data field to begin at
If all of the data is needed after the starting point, select All remaining characters.
If only a certain number of characters are needed, select Character Count and set as needed.
Output Transform (optional)
Output Transform allows for modifying the case format of the exported field. An example of when this option would be used is when source data is formatted in all caps, and should be exported using proper case formatting.
- Select None to leave the formatting as is
- Select To Upper Case to force the source data to be exported in all upper case
- Select To Lower Case to force the source data to be exported in all lower case
- Select To Proper Case to force the source data to be exported in all proper case
- Select Format value to specify a custom format string that will be used to format the exported data
Value Mappings (optional)
Value Mappings allow for mapping a value in the source field to a custom output value which will be exported. An example of when this option would be used is when the source data is stored as a number value and should be mapped to a friendly name during the export.
- Select Add
- In the Input Value field, select the value of the exported field that requires mapping
- In the Maps to Output Value, enter the desired output that will be exported when the input value criteria is matched.
Prepend / Append (optional)
Prepend / Append allows for custom data to be placed prior or after the exported source field.
- In the Prepend Text field, enter the data that will be placed prior to the export field
- In the Append Text field, enter the data that will be placed after the export field
Package Options Tab (required)
- In the Exception Logging Mode select whether to log export exceptions to a folder or to a File
- Select the path the export exceptions will log to
If no path is specified, the default path is .\ProgramData\RS2 Technologies, LLC\Access It! Universal.
- Select (check) the Package enabled checkbox to enable this package
- Record Selection:
- Select All Records
Select this option to export all cardholders/cards within Access It! Universal.NET
- Select Specific Records
Select this option to only export certain cardholders/cards. Click the Spcify button to open the advanced find window. Select the field, condition, and value as needed and click Add to List. Click the Sort Order button to alter the ordering of the data within the exported file
- Selection of all records from "Record Selection" regardless of last modification date/time
Select this record to export all fields from the record selection setting
- Selection only records from "Record Selection" updated in the past number of hours
Select this option to only export records that meet the record selection criteria and have been modified in X amount of hours. Configure the number of hours as needed
- Selection of only records from "Record Selection" updated since last package execution
Select this option to only export records that meet the record selection criteria and have been modified since the previous time the Data Exchange Package was executed
Pre/Post-processing steps Mappings Tab (optional)
Pre/Post steps allow for the Data Exchange Package to execute a program, or batch file before or after executing
- In the Preprocessing Step field, click Add step and browse for a EXE/BAT file for the desired executable or batch file to be ran before the Data Exchange package executes
- In the Postprocessing Step field, click Add step and browse for a EXE/BAT file for the desired executable or batch file to be ran after the Data Exchange package executes
Schedule Tab (optional)
- From the Schedule Type drop list, select the type of schedule determine how often the Data Exchange Package will automatically execute
- Assign the Start Date / Time accordingly
Executing a Data Exchange Package
- Within Access It! Universal navigate to Configuration | Data Exchange Packages
- Select the Data Exchange package to be executed
- From the toolbar, select Execute Data Exchange Package