Access It! Universal.NET Multi-Language support
By utilizing a cross reference language database, Access It! Universal.NET has the ability to support multiple languages at one time. If the desired language support is not yet available in the cross reference database, it can be updated using the standalone tool LangEdit.exe.
To request a copy of the cross reference database, as well as the LangEdit.exe utility, please email Technical.Support@rs2tech.com.
In order to change the language used, both the Access It! Universal.NET service and workstation need to be updated.
Cross Reference Language Database
- On the server machine, navigate to the OpenAppData folder located off of the start menu. This can also be accessed by navigating to C:\ProgramData\RS2 Technologies\Access It! Universal
- Place the received Languages.mdb file in this directory
To request a copy of the cross reference database please email Technical.Support@rs2tech.com.
Access It! Universal.NET Service
- On the server machine, open the Database Configuration Utility located off of the start menu
- Connect to the SQL Server
- Once connected, select File | Select Language
- Select the desired language
Should a language be required that is not listed it can be added using the LangEdit.exe utility outlined below.
- Click OK
- Close the Database Configuration Utility
- Restart the Access It! Universal.NET services
Access It! Universal.NET Workstation
- Open the Access It! Universal.NET workstation
- Within the application select File | Options
- From the language drop list, select the desired language
- Click OK
- Restart the Access It! Universal.NET workstation
- Repeat steps 1-5 for any remaining Access It! Universal.NET workstations
To request a copy of the LangEdit.exe utility please email Technical.Support@rs2tech.com.
- On the server machine, stop the Access It! Universal.NET service
- Run Setup.exe
- Click Next
- Select I accept the terms in the license agreement
- Click Next
- Click Install
- Click Finish
- On the server machine, start the Access It! Universal.NET service
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Language Editor
- Run LangEdit.exe
- From the File menu, select Open Language Database
- Open the received Languages.mdb file
- To add a new language, select Tools | Add Language
- Select the Language to add
- For each row, enter the translated version of the English word
- Once completed, close LangEdit.
- Apply the new language as outlined above