Access It! Universal 5.3 adds support for the Mercury EP controllers to communicate downstream to Vanderbilt sub panels. Currently the Vanderbilt VRINX and VIONX8 panels are supported.
- Support was added for the Vanderbilt GIONX24 as of firmware version 1.23.6
As of 5/04/2018, this model has not been tested by RS2 Technologies due to lack of availability.
- Card Or PIN mode is not supported.
- MR10/20 reade tamper is not supported.
- REX must be wired and configured as a normally open circuit.
- Door will be unlocked as long as REX input is in a closed state. REX timer begins upon initial change of state to the open state
- Custom LED behavior is not supported.
- Vanderbilt hardware must be communicating using the G-Protocol
- The SCHLAGE Bright Blue hardware is not supported
Access It! Universal.NET Licensing
The following licensing option must be enabled within the Access It! Universal.NET dongle and is a per integrated reader count license.
- Integrated Reader Count - 1/x
The Vanderbilt integration requires the following:
- Access It! Universal.NET min s/w v5.3
- Access It! Universal.NET optional Integrated Reader Count license enabled for the number of readers running on the system
- EP-2500 and EP-4502 Series Controllers min f/w 1.212
A total of 16 Vanderbilt SIO modules may be connected to an EP controller. The physical address of each SIO board must be unique and can be configured as detailed in the following table. Notice that the Access It! Universal.NET addresses range between 0 through 15 while the Vanderbilt addresses range from 1 through 16.
Reference jumper block W10 for VRINX Reader Interfaces and W3 for VIONX-8 Input/Output boards.
WARNING! - When configuring the software, be sure to use the CORRECT Access It! Universal.NET SIO address associated to the Vanderbilt physical address. Failure to do so will result in the EP controller continuously rebooting.
|Access It! Universal.NET
||1, 2, 4, 8
||2, 4, 8
||1, 4, 8
||1, 2, 8
||1, 2, 4
Configuring Access It! Universal.NET 5.3
- Install and configure the EP series controller within Access It! Universal
- From the file menu, select Main | Hardware
- Select SCP’s
- Edit the EP series controller
- Set the SIO Port Speed to 38400 for the port the Vanderbilt panels are attached to
- Set Protocol to Vanderbilt for the port the the Vanderbilt panels are attached to
- Click Save
The EP controller board will reset.
- From the left hand tree, expand SCP’s
- Expand the EP series controller the Vanderbilt panels are attached to
- Select SIOs
- From the right hand pane, edit the SIO whose address matches the configured address
- Enter a name for the Vanderbilt panel within the SIO Name field
- Set Model to the corresponding Vanderbilt panel
- Check Device Installed
- Set Channel accordingly
- Click Save
- Repeat steps 10-16 for each additional Vanderbilt panel
Vanderbilt Card Formats
Only the following card formats are supported by the Mercury/Vanderbilt integration: