EP-4502 BACnet Integration
Access It! Universal.NET version 5.2 allows for BACnet communciation between a Mercury-Security EP-4502 and a standard BACnet client. The EP-4502 controller will act as a B-ASC type BACnet Server, exposing up to 64 user configurable resources to a BACnet network.
In order to use the BACNet integration, the communication between EP-4502 and server must be encrypted and using DHCP.
- Access It! Universal 5.2
- EP-4502 configured and running within Access It! Universal.NET min f/w 1.241
- BACnet client application
- Within the Access It! Universal, navigate to the Hardware menu
- Expand SCPs
- Expand the EP-4502 to host the BACnet Server
- Select SIOs
- Edit the next available uninstalled SIO
- Select (check) the option Device Installed
- Select the Model Virtual SIO
- Select the Options tab
- Set installed readers to 0
- Click Save
A new SIO is created with 16 virtual outputs that can be controlled via the BACnet Server
- Repeat steps 5-8 as needed
- Select SCPs
- Edit the EP-4502 to host the BACnet server
- Configure Port 4 or 5 protocol to use the Virtual SIO protocol
- Select the Web Logins tab
- Select New
- Set the Login type BACnet Server Login
- Within the Device instance field, enter a unique value used by the EP-4502
Values can range between 0 and 4194302
- Within the Port field, enter the TCP port used by the EP-4502
Default value is 47808
- If a BBMD is present, enter the appropriate IP address within the Foreign device BBMD IP address field.
Set to 0.0.0.0 when no BBMD is present.
- If a BBMD is present, enter the appropriate value in seconds within the Foreign device BBMD TTL (seconds) field
Set to 100 when no BBMD is present.
- To add points to be controlled by the EP-4502 through BACnet, select the appropriate permission and then move the point from the available resources to the assigned resources pane
- Click OK
- Click Save
The EP-4502 will reset
All BACNet testing was performed using the BACnetQuickText (BQT) produduct developed by PolarSoft.