Starting in Access It! Universal.NET 5.2, custom MIFARE Classic 1K or 4K cards can be encoded using the HID OMNIKEY 5x47 smart card reader. Prior to using the OMNIKEY 5x27 reader, it must not be configured as a keyboard wedge.
MIFARE encoding requires the optional ENCODE feature to be enabled within the licensing dongle.
Prior to using the custom MIFARE encoding solution, the necessary Encoder and Printer Plugins must be preset in the installation directory of Access It! Universal.NET. Contact RS2 Technologies for assistance in obtaining these plugins.
Access It! Universal.NET Licensing
The following licensing option must be enabled within the Access It! Universal.NET dongle and is a system wide license.
- Encoder Support - Yes
- Ensure the OMNIKEY 5x47 reader is plugged in and installed within Windows
- Open Access It! Universal.NET
- Within the System menu, navigate to Workstations
- Edit the Workstation that will be encoding MIFARE cards
- Select the Encode/Enroll tab
- Select New
- Assign a friendly name for the MIFARE encoder
- Select PSCS from the device type drop list
- Select Setup
- Select the OMNIKEY encoder from the reader name list
- Select MIFARE Classic 1K/4K from the smart card type list
- Enter the Authorization key of the MIFARE cards.
If encoding blank cards, consult card manufacturer for default authentication keys.
- Select Key A or Key B from the key type drop list
- Select the sector of the MIFARE card to encode to
- For block 0-2, select if encoding weigand or numeric data
- Select configure to configure the data encoded
- Enter the weigand format details to be encided,a s well as the offset bit (if needed). Custom MIFARE encoding allows for encodign a format with up to 2 parity bits.
- Enter the numerical layout to be encoded, as well as the offset bit (if needed). Custom nmeric MIFARE encoding allos for selection of how the data will be encoded. Available options are:
Hexadecimal: numerical data will be encoded in hexadecimal format
ASCII: numerical data will be encoded in ASCII format
BCD-one digit per byte: numerical data will be encoded and each number will be encoded to a single byte
BCD-one digit per nibble: numerical data will be encoded and each number will be encoded to a half byte
- Click OK
- Enter the authorization key A to be programmed within the MIFARE card during the encoding process
- Enter the authorization key B to be programmed within the MIFARE card during the encoding process
- Select Setup to assign Access Rights
Do not write access rights: no access write data will be written to the card during the encode process
Write sector trailer with the following access rights: select the necessary authorization rights to be assigned for each block
- Click OK