Access It! NExT Step To Access It! Universal Upgrade
This document outlines the steps needed to upgrade an existing Access It! NExT Step system to an Access It! Universal system. The upgrade process requires that a backup of the Access It! NExT Step databases be performed prior to the migration.
After the migration is performed the SCP panel will be transferred as Uninstalled. This is done so that the dealer may install the SCP, allowing for a controlled system reset.
All pre-installations steps are to be performed on the Access It! Universal server machine (computer with dongle attached).
- Navigate to the Access It! NExT Step system via a web browser
- Log into the Access It! NExT Step system
- Select Utilities from the left hand menu
- Select Backup/Restore
- Select Backup from the upper left corner of the Backup/Restore screen
- Select Backup Now
This will download a backup of the System and Current Events databases to the local machine being used as a ZIP file.
- Select Archives
- Select the Event Archive hyperlink to be backed up, where applicable
This will download a backup of the Event Archive to the local machine being used as a SDF file.
- Click Logout hyperlink in the upper right hand side of the page
- Navigate to https://rs2tech.com/RS2WebApp/Dealer/DealerWelcome.aspx
- Log into the Dealer Area
- Click View downloads
- Expand ACCESS IT!® LITE.NET™
- Expand DOWNLOAD
- Click the Access It!® Lite.NET™ vx.x.x.x - [x.xMB] hyperlink
- When the download completes, run the AILiteNETxxxx.EXE
- Close web browser
- Install Access It! Lite.NET as a Full Installation
- Extract the LiteData.zip file downloaded from the Access It! NExT Step system to an easily accessible location such as the Desktop
All additional Event Archives must be copied to the same location.
- Open the Backup Utility (Start | Programs | Access It! Lite.NET | Utilities)
- Click Restore Databases
- Select source folder for Restore Files
- Click OK
- When prompted “Do you want to restart the Access It! Lite.NET service?”, click No
- When the status windows reports “Restore complete.”, close the Backup Utility
- If the Badging Option is being used within Access It! NExT Step, make note of the Badge Type layout for each Badge Type
All Badge Types will need to be recreated within Access It! Universal.
Installation / Migration
- Install Access It! Universal as a Full Installation on the Access It! Universal server machine (computer with dongle attached)
- At the Connect to SQL Server form accept the default values
- Click the Yes button when asked Database (AIUniversal) does not exist, do you want to create it? from within the Database Configuration Utility dialogue box
- Within the Migrate from Access It! Lite.NET to Access It! Universal window, ensure the Migrate Data (except Events) checkbox is checked
- If past event history is needed, check the Migrate Events checkbox
Depending on the number of Currents Events, Archived Events and computer performance, the Import Events option may take anywhere from a couple of minutes to several days to complete.
- Click Next
- Select the appropriate Destination Site
On a new installation, the Main site will be the only option available by default.
- Click Next
- Map the Facility Codes accordingly
By default, the Use first defined facility code option is selected.
If more than one facility code is available, select the Map card number ranges to facility codes: option. This option is available so that the actual facility code for the given range of cards can be inserted into the new system.
Access It! NExT Step makes use of card number only uniqueness.
- Click Next
- Click Finish
- Click Close
- Click the Finish button within the Access It! Universal InstallShield form
- Uninstall Access It! Lite.NET via Windows Control Panel
- Click Start|Programs|Access It! Universal|Utilities|Service Manager
- Click the Start Server Process button
- Launch the Access It! Universal workstation
- Within the Select Server window, enter the Server Name
This is the name of the computer with the dongle attached to it.
- Within the hardware tree, modify the channel and verify that it is set to SCP protocol
- Within the hardware tree, modify the SCP and check Device Installed
- Click Save
Access It! Universal will automatically upload any stored transactions and then reset the SCP and download new firmware if required. During this time, the readers will run in Offline mode. After the firmware has been successfully updated, the SCP will reset and begin downloading the system information and cards data resulting in some cards not functioning for period of up to 5 minutes.
- Perform a status request of the SIOs to verify each is online
- Create and adjust User Group permissions as needed
- Create Badge Types as needed
- Install Access It! Universal workstations as needed using the Client Only Installation