Temporary Device Control
Access It! Universal V4 now allows for temporary control of Readers. An example of a temporary control would be issuing a command to Unlock a door, and then being able to instruct the reader to automatically re-lock after a certain amount of hours, or re-lock at a certain time of day. Temporary commands can be sent manually or through Tasks. Temporary device control is only supported in EP series controllers running firmware and higher. This functionality is not supported by legacy SCP controllers or Pro-Watch hardware.
- Within Access It! Universal V4.x, navigate to the Hardware Tree (Go | Main | Hardware)
- Select Installed Readers
- Select the reader a temporary command will be sent to
- From the commands list, select a command (i.e Unlock Reader)
- In the Set Reader mode window, select the appropriate option:
Command options vary based on the specified command.
- Set Mode Permanently - Will set the reader to the specified mode permanently.
- Set mode for 'X' minutes - Will set the device to the selected mode for the specified amount of minutes or until a cancel temporary command is executed.
- Set Mode until time - Will set the device to the selected mode until the specified time or until a cancel temporary command is executed. The time cannot span to the next day.
- Cancel current temporary mode (restore to normal) - Cancels the current temporary mode assigned.
If temporary commands are not to be used in the system, there is an option when sending a direct command to never display the temporary dialog screen. To re-enable the dialog screen, the option Show Command Options must be selected (checked) within the Workstation properties screen.