Access It! Universal V4 now allows for temporary control of Readers. An example of a temporary control would be issuing a command to Unlock a door, and then being able to instruct the reader to automatically re-lock after a certain amount of hours, or re-lock at a certain time of day. Temporary commands can be sent manually or through Tasks. Temporary device control is only supported in LP/EP series controllers running firmware and higher.
This functionality is not supported by legacy SCP controllers or Pro-Watch hardware.
- Within Access It! Universal V4.x, navigate to the Hardware Tree (Go | Main | Hardware)
- Select Installed Readers
- Select the reader a temporary command will be sent to
- From the commands list, select a command (i.e Unlock Reader)
- In the Set Reader mode window, select the appropriate option:
Command options vary based on the specified command.
- Set Mode Permanently - Will set the reader to the specified mode permanently.
- Set mode for 'X' minutes - Will set the device to the selected mode for the specified amount of minutes or until a cancel temporary command is executed.
- Set Mode until time - Will set the device to the selected mode until the specified time or until a cancel temporary command is executed. The time cannot span to the next day.
- Cancel current temporary mode (restore to normal) - Cancels the current temporary mode assigned.
- Click OK
If temporary commands are not to be used in the system, there is an option when sending a direct command to never display the temporary dialog screen. To re-enable the dialog screen, the option Show Command Options must be selected (checked) within the Workstation properties screen.