The First Card Unlock feature allows for a card, or a specific card group to be presented during a timezone and the reader will automatically unlock. The reader then can re-lock based on a time schedule or controlled through a Task. Prior to configuring the First Card Unlock feature, a timezone with the time frame of when the door can unlock needs to preexist.
- Within the hardware tree (Main | Hardware), select Installed Readers
- Edit the reader that will be using the First Card Unlock
- Select the Reader Settings tab
- Within the Scheduled Reader Mode Changes, select the Timezone responsible for the reader to lock at the end of day
- In the Mode when timezone starts, select (No Mode Change)
- In the Mode when timezone ends, select the desired reader mode that the reader will enter at the end of the timezone
- Within the First Card Unlock section set Enabled during Timezone to the proper Timezone
When a card is presented during this timezone it will will force the reader to unlock at the time the card is presented.
- If only a certain Card group can force the First Card Unlock Feature, select the card group from the Allowed Card Group section